(Updated as of 6/30/2021)
Evergreen Health is part of the New York State COVID-19 Vaccine program and we are currently receiving a limited a supply of vaccines on a rotating basis.
As a patient of Evergreen, here’s what you should do if you’re interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine:
- Use the CDC Vaccine finder by visiting www.vaccines.gov, texting your ZIP code to GETVAX (438829), or calling 1-800-232-0233. You can search by location or vaccine manufacturer, and free Uber/Lyft rides are available for your appointment.
- Sign up for clinics run by the Erie County Department of Health via www.erie.gov/vax.
- If you want to get a vaccine at your home, you can call the Erie County Department of Health at 716-858-2929 to schedule a “Vax Visit.”
Here’s what you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccine:
- A person could experience short-term mild or moderate vaccine reactions. The most common in the arm are pain, swelling and redness. The most common throughout the rest of the body are chills, tiredness and headache. They usually start within a day or two of getting the vaccine but should go away in a few days.
- There is no increased risk associated with getting the vaccine for people living with HIV or other immune compromising conditions. As always, please talk to your provider if you have questions.
- The vaccine is safe for most people who have allergies to nuts, shellfish, and pollen. We will observe everyone for 15 minutes after their shot. If you have had a severe allergic reaction in the past, we will observe you for 30 minutes and are prepared to treat you if needed. The vaccine does not contain egg.
- If you’ve had COVID-19 it is recommended that you get the vaccine because we do not yet know how long after infection someone is protected from getting COVID-19 again.
We will keep you updated on all vaccine related information through the website, patient portal, and on our social media channels (Facebook & Instagram). Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Fatai Gbadamosi, MD
Chief Medical Officer